Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Product Shuffle : Floss Web

Good morning everyone!

With fall here in full swing and Halloween just around the corner, I had an urge to make something that goes with this time of year.  It just so happens that my daughter has friends that have their birthday on Halloween and she needed cards!  Two birds with one stone!
The only problem was that while digging into my stash, I could not for the life of me find any Halloween paper, stickers or trinkets.  While I know I have some hiding somewhere in my craft room, I'm sure they'll surface once Halloween is over.
I had an idea of creating a spider web using floss.  I started with a octogonal frame that I cut out of black cardstock.  Using a 6X6 card, I simply cut the corners to make the shape.  I then used my paper piercer to poke holes in the corners of the frame and in the middle of each section.
I used floss to first make a star shape, bringing the floss from one hole to the one on the oposite side of the frame.  I then started knoting the floss, going around the frame in a snail shape until I reached the center.

Once the web was complete, I added pattern paper to the back. I also added some Prima flowers, Alpha sticker from american crafts, ribbon from Webster's Pages and a sentiment found on a zip strip of pattern paper I found once the card was almost complete .

And there you have it!  A Halloween card made of paper and floss.  It was really very fun to make.  I hope you like it,.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great idea and super cute too!
-Cher